Steamed Rice Cakes
Puto is a traditional Filipino rice cake steamed to soft perfection. Below Filipino recipe uses Bisquick mix instead of rice, but the results are still addictively delicious! Masarap pa rin!
Ingredients (Maghanda Muna)
2 1/3 c. Bisquick
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. whole milk
3 large eggs
Let’s Get Cookin! (Luto Na!)
1. Blend together pancake mix and sugar.
2. Slowly add milk and beat in eggs. Blend well.
3. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners or muffin cups.
4. Pour batter half way up each lined muffin cup.
5. Place muffin pans inside a larger saucepan with an inch of water.
6. Cover saucepan and steam for 20 minutes or until done.